Mr. Lapuyade is a San Diego labor attorney representing groups of single-family homeowners and community homeowner associations, aggrieved California employees, and the victims of unlawful housing practices, through the litigation process, trial and arbitration. Mr. Lapuyade’s litigation practice focuses on claims for construction defects, wage and hour class actions and unlawful housing practice class actions.
Since 2007, Mr. Lapuyade successfully recovered in excess of $30 million in monetary awards for his clients. In 2017, Mr. Lapuyade recovered in excess of $7 million in monetary awards for his clients. Mr. Lapuyade prides himself on providing his clients with the legal representation they expect and deserve through effective communication and winning results.
Mr. Lapuyade served as co-editor of the Insurance Column for Consumer Attorneys of San Diego from 2011 to 2014. As editor, Mr. Lapuyade was responsible for publishing monthly articles in the Trial Bar News periodical analyzing complex insurance coverage issues.
Mr. Lapuyade is a four-time recipient of the Super Lawyers Rising Star by Thomson Reuters. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. While up to 5 percent of the lawyers in a state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to Rising Stars.
- Blanchette et al., v. Superior Court (GHA Homes), 8 Cal.App.5th 521, 2017
- Chmurny v. State, 392 Md. 159, 2006
- Cal. Employment Lawyers Association, 2007 to Present
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, 2007 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member Section of Litigation, 2007 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member Labor & Employment Section, 2007 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member Tort, Trial & Insurance Section, 2007 to Present
- California Bar Association, Member Labor & Employment Section, 2007 to Present
- California Bar Association, Member Litigation Section, 2007 to Present
- Insurance Column for Consumer Attorneys, Co-editor, 2011 to 2014
- Construction Defects
- Wage and Hour Class Actions
- Unlawful Housing Practice Class Actions
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- Super Lawyers ®, Rising Star
- Distinguished Advocate Award for Outstanding Oral Advocacy
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2006
- Honors: Deans Merit Scholarship, California Western School of Law 2005 - 2006
- University of Arizona
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: History